- To reveal the massive economic and social opportunities presented by fully integrated offsite construction
- To help industry and government successfully make the leap into sustainable construction through a renewable, affordable, carbon-capturing resource – wood – that grows all around us
- To tap the collective expertise of the best and brightest scientists, engineers, architects planners, legislators, etc., and encourage the rapid development and acceptance of the wood-based offsite construction industry globally
- To put the focus on process rather than product and show how integration, collaboration and digitization are the keys to improving productivity and moving past labor shortages
“If you have a process that is labor-constrained, and you can’t change the labor, then you have to change the process!”
— Gerard McCaughey, CEO Entekra
“Up-smarting” how construction is done
It’s the 2nd decade of the 2nd millennium. The time is ripe for the construction industry to collectively reimagine its role and embrace new offsite models. IWBC is your tool to leverage the future of building.
All the indicators are there:
- Ever-worsening shortage of skilled trades, aggravated by retiring baby-boomers and new immigration restrictions, backlogging projects & inhibiting economic growth
- Urgent need for cities to adequately house ever-growing populations
- Unmet need for affordable housing in virtually every major city
- Outdated, non-harmonized building codes impeding innovation
- High carbon emissions associated with traditional construction requiring a worldwide shift to carbon neutral & carbon-sequestering construction methodologies
- Looming raw material crises (i.e. the global shortage of concrete-appropriate sand) and price instability
Who’ll be there?
Everyone who’s paying attention
The first two years of IWBC demonstrated that those with a stake in the future of efficient building represent multiple sectors. As with our first two conferences, we expect a highly diverse IWBC audience this year – a twentyfold increase in attendees over last year, including 8,000+ professionals.
- Lumber Mfrs
- Engineered Lumber Mfrs
- Panel Board Manufacturers
- Machinery & Equipment Mfrs
- Offsite Builders
- Software Developers & Vendors
- Mass Timber Manufacturers
- Fire Officials
- Code Officials
- Government Agencies
- Urban Planners
- Tech Investors
- Property Managers
Much larger space, far more exposure.
IWBC’s move to the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, combined with its colocation with ArchitectureBoston Expo, ensure a massive increase in exposure for our exhibitors.